There are times when saying birthday quotes or wishes are more important than birthday presents. These words would bring happiness and gratitude to the celebrant, making the day more special and memorable. Sometimes these words are called a gift of poetry. Here are some examples of lines you may use as a gift for a person during their birth anniversary.
- “Men are like wine, some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.”- Pope John XXIII. This quote encourages aging gracefully. Nobody wants to be called a grumpy old man, so stay happy and keep the light attitude.
- “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”- Abraham Lincoln. In connection with the first quote, this one entails that a person should enjoy life even more with each passing day. Each day is a blessing so live it with gratitude and optimism.
- “I have some bad news and some good news. You are getting old, but the good news is that you get better looking every year”- Anonymous. These words would definitely lighten up the mood. Remember that it is her birthday, she deserves all good and positive energy from her friends and love ones.
- “You are a gift to the world.”- Anonymous. How about simply telling the celebrant how much of a blessing he is in your life and to others.
- “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well”. – Voltaire. This birthday quote is perfect for a friend who is under a lot of stress. Motivate them by giving this word gift.
- “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” – Madeleine L’ Engle. This line will tell the celebrant that after all that has happened, good or bad, it helped them be the better person that they are now.
- “You don’t get older, you get better”. – Shirley Bassey. Yet another motivational line that says that aging comes with experience, experience gives lessons, these lessons makes a person stronger and wiser.
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein. A message for the celebrant that would inspire him to continue working hard to achieved his ultimate dream.
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey. This is a good mantra that you can share with the birthday celebrant.
- “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Jack Benny
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” – John Lennon
Funny Birthday Quotes & Sayings
Aside from these inspirational birthday quotes, try sharing a laugh and use funny sayings like these few lines below:
- “I hope you celebrate your birthday the way you came into this world……Naked and screaming!”
- “Forget about the past, you cannot change it. Forget about the future, you cannot predict it….Forget about the present, I didn’t get you one!”
- “Happy birthday to the new wrinkle on your face. Welcome to another set of gray hairs on your head.”
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that those people who have the most, live the longest.”
- “Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.”
- “I didn’t forget your birthday, I just forgot today’s date.”
- “How do you expect me to remember your birthday, when you never look any older?”
- “You’re not 40. You’re 18, with 22 years of experience.”
There a couple more out there but by far, we find these the most adorable ones. Looking for more? We recommend